Why Smartshapebody Plastic Surgery?
All procedures at Smart Shape Body are outpatient; meaning once the procedure is complete, the anesthesia has worn off, and you have been evaluated by the post-operative department, you return to your hotel, or place or lodging. Patients must arrange a companion over age 18 to pick them up immediately following surgery. This person should also remain at your side for at least the first 24 hours to assist you. You can also choose to stay at a rest and recovery home which offers tailored recovery packages depending your needs. Your surgical Coordinator Can arrange for you.
Plan for Success
Here are some factors to take into consideration prior to booking:
- Weight Fluctuations- Fluctuations in weight before and after surgery adversely affect the plastic surgeon’s hard work. Many patients come to us after losing weight, which we love BUT if you are in the process of losing weight, make sure you have reached your target and have maintained the same weight for at least three months prior to surgery. In the weeks leading up to surgery patients are advised to eat well, exercise, and rid themselves of bad habits such as smoking. Many patients stick to their new healthier lifestyles after surgery, as it helps protect their surgeon’s hard work!
- Expectations – Keep your expectations realistic. Many patients have a whole portfolio of “wish pics” which is helpful in planning your procedure. When selecting wish pictures, select photos of people who are similar to you in bone structure, height, ethnicity, and weight.
- Frame of Mind – Plastic surgery will not fix a marriage, get you a raise, or fight mental illness. While it can greatly boost your self-confidence which carries over into other aspects of your life, patients seeking surgery should not expect other areas of their lives “fixed”.
Planning Your Procedure
Lock in your pricing and schedule your surgery date with one of our surgical coordinators by making a deposit.
- Keep your weight stable and if you smoke, stop at least 30 days prior to any procedure.
- You are now in the care of the pre-operative department, who will send you specific instructions requested by your surgeon, along with a preliminary medical questionnaire, and a prescription for required laboratory testing.
- We can send a prescription for testing to your facility of choice if need be. All testing should be done in your home town, not more than 30 days prior to the scheduled surgery date. Based on the results of the initial testing, the surgeon may require additional testing. Results are considered expired at 30 days and it is your responsibility to have the results to us within the allotted time.Testing must be done anywhere between 2 weeks and 29 days prior to your surgery date.
- Once you are cleared for surgery, it’s time to book your flight! To calculate your return date, use the handy recovery timeline below based on your selected procedure. Please note that all patients must arrive in Miami by NOON THE DAY BEFORE THEIR FIRST PRE-OPERATIVE APPOINTMENT.
- We put together a recovery timeline to help you plan your stay in Miami.
|Procedure||Ok to fly after||Notes|
|Brazilian Butt Lift||7-10 days||You must return to Jolie for a follow-up consultation with your surgeon to ensure healing is underway. BBL patients schedule their first post-operative drainage massage appointments.|
|Tummy Tuck||9-10 days||You must return to Jolie for a follow-up consultation with your surgeon to ensure healing is underway. Tummy Tuck patients schedule their first post-operative drainage massage appointments.|
|Liposuction||5-7 days||You go home on the same day.|
|Breast Procedures||5-7 days||You must return to Jolie for one or more follow-up appointments with your surgeon to ensure healing is underway.|
|Eyelid Surgery||5 days||Recovery depends on the type of procedure, upper eyelids or a combination of upper/lower lids.|
Tampa International Airport
- 4160 George J. Bean Parkway
- Suite 2400
- Tampa, FL 33607
Beautiful Clearwater Beach florida Laid-back
Clearwater Beach is known for its namesake stretch of soft, white sand, which draws visitors year-round for jet-skiing, parasailing, and stand-up paddleboarding in its calm waters. Cyclists and rollerbladers glide along a winding beachfront promenade lined with casual seafood restaurants and cafes. Come sunset, Pier 60 hosts a nightly festival with street performers and craft vendors.